Krill 500 mg 60 softgels
Krill - a savior from the sea for all round health! Krill oil is obtained from krill, the tiny semi-translucent crustaceans that swim in dense masses in cold waters. Together with plankton krill make up the largest biomass on earth and they are the favorite food of whales, with a blue whale estimated to eat 8000 lbs of krill each day during the feeding season!
Krill vs. Fish:
However, it is research conducted by Canadians that has shown that krill oil may be superior to standard fish oils in many ways. For example:
- Like fish oil Krill oil is very high in omega 3’s, however due to the presence of phospholipids that are not found in fish oil, krill oil is better absorbed. Phospholipids are also the building blocks of membranes and help protect cells against toxic injury and free radical attack.
- The most predominant phospholipid in krill is choline, a vital constituent for brain health, learning and development, as well as being the precursor to acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter most affected in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Krill oil is more stable than fish oil and therefore has a better shelf life and is less prone to rancidity.
- Krill oil is absorbed in the small intestine rather than in the stomach and therefore is less likely to repeat fishy taste or smells.
- Krill oil also contains the additional omegas of 6 and 9 as well as EPA and DHA.
Studies with krill oil have been specifically shown to improve all of the following biomarkers:
- Reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) by as much as 33%
- Increase HDL (good cholesterol) by as much as 43%
- Reduce inflammation associated with arthritis and heart conditions by reducing C Reactive protein by as much as 30%
- Lowering blood sugar levels (glucose) by 6%
- Lowering triglycerides (fatty levels in blood) by 11%
The unique combination of antioxidants, omega-3 oils and phospholipids in krill oil can provide support for:
- A healthy heart.
- Stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Healthy joints.
- A healthy brain and nervous system.
- Better conditioned skin, hair and nails.
Just one or two of the softgel capsules (500 mg each) can provide a bountiful assortment of health boosting ingredients.
Our krill our harvested from a sustainable program from the clean seas of the Antarctic.
|Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
Fat (as fatty acids)
Omega 3 fatty acids
Omega 6 fatty acids
Omega 9 fatty acids
|*Daily value not established|
|Other ingredients: Gelatin and water.|
|Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
|Not for use by pregnant or lactating women.|
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA or Health Canada. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease.